Eat Dessert First is for my love of food and sharing my favorites with you.
Hi, I’m Lillie. Previously a magazine editor, I became a full-time mother and freelance writer in 2017. I spend most of my time with my kids and husband over at The Brown Bear Family.
- Quality Time with My FamilyRecently my son and daughter-in-law decided to start hosting game night at their home as a way to spend time together since all of our workloads haven’t allowed for manyContinue reading “Quality Time with My Family”
- Quick Check-InSimply checking in as work & life has been a bit chaotic lately resulting in me not being able to focus on my writing or blogging in general, so forContinue reading “Quick Check-In”
- Thankful For MondayA person can do nothing better than to …. find satisfaction in their own toil. Ecclesiastes 2:24 I used to dread Mondays. Sometimes, when I got off the train toContinue reading “Thankful For Monday”
- Of All the Gifts…Years ago, while enrolled in a “college success” course, the professor asked us to write our eulogies based on what we think our loved ones would say after transitioning. InstantlyContinue reading “Of All the Gifts…”
- Using What God Gave YouAs many of you may recall from a previous post, I had been reading The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. I’ll admit, while it was supposed to be aContinue reading “Using What God Gave You”
- With Open ArmsMy dearest daughter, in 30 years not a day has gone by without you on my mind. Some days are consumed with thoughts of regret, constantly questioning whether or notContinue reading “With Open Arms”