Eat Dessert First is for my love of food and sharing my favorites with you.
Hi, I’m Lillie. Previously a magazine editor, I became a full-time mother and freelance writer in 2017. I spend most of my time with my kids and husband over at The Brown Bear Family.
- Pilgrimage of PurposeIt was somewhere around the age of eight when I was sure I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up. I suppose that dream was motivated byContinue reading “Pilgrimage of Purpose”
- Power to ChooseFeatured above are photos from my first book signing and reading (taken by my then 6yr old G-son). The very first photo is extremely special to me, not because ofContinue reading “Power to Choose”
- Dealing With DisagreementDaily Devotional (Jan. 6th, 2022) The social media powerhouse Twitter created a platform where people all over the world express opinions in short sound bites. In recent years, however, thisContinue reading “Dealing With Disagreement”
- Fictive KinshipFictive Kinship: The bonding of people who demonstrate concern, affection and responsibility for one another; although they are not related biologically or through marriage. Never would I claim to knowContinue reading “Fictive Kinship”
- Toast To a Real One!Last Friday I found myself on the verge of a breakdown. The tears would not stop and for a moment I felt like giving up on everything I’d been workingContinue reading “Toast To a Real One!”
- A Mother’s Worth……was in a tiny bottle elegant haze of deep, deep, blue brought back from her travels to France. Young as she was, married as she was to a hard-headed, too-selfContinue reading “A Mother’s Worth…”